Monday, July 20, 2009

Letters to our Daughter

We Decided to both write letters to Abby, for significant events in her life, 6 months, one year, and every year after that. We are going to put them in an envelope and give them to her when she is older. We are going to do this for all future children as well.

I also took some pictures of her on her exact 6 Monthday and we will be getting her professional ones done this weekend.

So enjoy the letters and again THANK YOU to all of our Family who have been so supportive and loving to us and Abby through all of our lives and especially these last 6 months, it means so much.

Love,
Christie and Donnie

Dear sweet girl,

I can't believe it has been 6 months since you arrived in my arms and over a year since Daddy and I found out you were on your way to us. You came into this world a miracle and a fighter and continue to amaze me every single day. You are a beautiful, amazing, strong, smart little girl, and I am so excited to see what the next weeks, months and years will bring.


You have changed me in so many ways and I feel like the luckiest person in the world that God chose me to be your mommy. Every day with you is a blessing and a gift and you have taught me more about myself in 6 months than I could have learned in a lifetime. Everyday you get bigger, stronger, and smarter and I love to watch you grow.

With that growth and change comes a sadness though, sad that you will not always be my little peanut, sad that one day you will leave the nest and try out your wings in the big world. I am also excited for those things, excited to see the beautiful young woman you will grow into. Your Daddy and I talk about our hopes and dreams for you a lot, and we think about what the future holds for you. We get excited to think about your first tooth (it is so close), your first words, first steps and so on.

I love coming in to your room every morning and getting that big, beautiful that's my mommy smile when you see me, I love the way that you kick your legs and flail your arms when you know it is time to eat. I love the way you smell after a bath and I could sniff the top of your head for hours. I love how frustrated you get when you can't quite get your butt up in the air along with pushing your arms up at the same time because it shows me what a fighter you are and how determined you are. But mostly baby girl, I love how you have changed my life, I never realized the joy and gift that being a mother was, yes it is trying at times, and frustrating and scary but nothing outweighs the joy that you have brought to me and Daddy, the moments of absolute wonderment and love, and the moments of amazement.

You came into this world a fighter and I know that you are destined for great things. You are a beautiful soul and one of God's special angels. Abigail, you are Daddy and I's piece of heaven on earth, we never knew how much being a parent could mean and change us, but every tear, scary moment and trial these last 6 months have been worth it to see your beautiful smiles, hear your belly laughs at Dudley, getting to watch you discover things for the first time, and taking in every moment I have with you. If I could do it all over again I never would, because I wouldn't change one thing about our journey together thus far, all of it, even the days you were in the hospital and Mommy and Daddy were really scared, are part of your story and are what make you who you are and who you are going to become.

You are the light in my life and my Greatest blessing. I love you Angel always and forever, and no matter where you go in life or what you do, Daddy and I will stand behind you 100 percent.

I am so proud of you angel!

Love,
Mommy



One of the greatest Moments in my life



Proud Daddy holding Abby for the first time



To my Baby Girl on her 6 monthday,

Wow! Six Months! I Can't believe how fast it went by. It is both exciting and terrifying. Exciting in how fast you are growing up and how much you are learning. In six short months you went from being my tiny, sick little Newborn in the NICU at Good Sam to my energetic baby that is nearly sitting on her own, babbling constantly, laughing at everything, especially Dudley, and devouring baby food as fast as we can give it to you. All of these things though are also why it is terrifying, you are growing up so fast and before I know it you will be asking for the car keys and gas money, but no matter how scary it is, it is all worth it to watch you grow up and become a young woman.

These past 6 months have been amazing, you turned what was one of the worst times in my life, being laid off 2 weeks after you were born, into one of the best because I got to stay home with you. Yup that's right for the first 6 months you were here I was Mr. Mom. Don't get me wrong parts of it were hard, like watching you in the NICU for days and not being able to do anything to stop the hurt, and of course the first few weeks when Mommy had to go back to work and you had your days and nights flipped and I was up ALL night with you! But you know what? I wouldn't give up a single moment of it. Every minute of exhaustion and frustration was worth it, good times and bad, it was all worth it to finally have you and love you and watch you grow.

I want to finish by telling you how much I Love you but I can't. Words escape me, I just can't describe how much I love you except to say that you light up my life. You bring Joy to my day and that I love you with all of my heart. Being a father has changed my life in more ways than I can count, especially by teaching me patience, gentleness and unconditional love. Everyday that I get to spend with you is a blessing and a joy .

It is a privilege and an honor to be your father, I love you with all that I am and I would go to the ends of the earth, through hell and high water, and yes even to my grave to protect you. I love you my sweet girl.

With all the love in my heart,
Daddy

Happy 6 months Angel!


Almost a sitter!!

She loves the piano on this toy...

So much so that even when she is tired she still wants to play :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones